Built in 2011, Texas 1 was Data Foundry’s first purpose-built facility. Texas 1 is a carrier-neutral, 130,000 square foot data center located at the 40-acre Data Ranch development Austin. Powered by two independent substations and connected to over 16 fiber providers, Texas 1 is one of the most redundant, connected, and secure data centers and disaster recovery solutions available in Texas. The facility is ideal for High Performance Computing (HPC), supporting up to 50 kW per cabinet.
Austin is located in a region with a low incidence of natural disasters, making it an ideal location for mission critical facilities. It also has a tech talent-rich community and is often referred to as "Silicon Hills". Austin is the home of our headquarters, and it is among the top three fastest growing cities in the nation.
The Ideal Location for Disaster Recovery
Built for High Density Computing
Our Texas 1 Data Center is a state of the art facility, able to handle any sized colocation deployment and power density requirements.
Data Center Size 130,000 SQ FT
Power 12 MEGAWATTS
High Performance Computing > 50kW per Cabinet
Carrier Neutral 16+ Carriers
Security 8 Layers
Dedicated Office Space 20,000 SQ FT
Premier Colocation with Service to Match
At Data Foundry, we put our customers first and for us, the quality of our Data Centers is also reflected in our high-touch services.
- 24x7x365 tenured technicians and security staff – no contractors
- Multiple full-time master electricians onsite
- Dedicated technical account and sales managers
16+ carriers are available through our Texas 1 meet-me room, which we call the TexasNAP. We create a competitive environment for carriers and give you the power of choice when it comes to selecting network providers.
- Diverse carrier entry through underground, concrete-encased ducts
- Redundant Cisco routers and switches
- Multihomed redundant connectivity to global upstream providers
Data Foundry offers a blended Internet service that provides access to a minimum of four carriers at once. Data Foundry’s blended bandwidth ensures the most efficient and reliable routing for network connectivity.
We have made it easy for telecom carriers to connect to Texas 1. Carriers are provided access to underground, concrete-encased duct banks that enter the Data Ranch campus via diverse paths on the property. All telecom is delivered to separate carrier rooms inside the Texas 1 data center.
- Independent dual power feeds
- Connected to 2 distinct 400 MW substations.
- Multiple 2.5 MW N+1 Caterpillar diesel generators
- Generators fully enclosed in individual ventilated, air-conditioned bays
- 50,000 gallons of fuel onsite
- Each UPS room has two incoming power feeds
- UPS feeds are routed via diverse paths
- Multiple 750 kVA Powerware 9395 modules
- N+1 to 2N redundancy available
Texas 1’s concurrently maintainable chilled water cooling system is ideal for High Performance Computing (HPC), supporting 50 kW cabinets and blade server environments.
- 24,000 CFM chilled water CRAHs (Computer Room Air Handlers) in N+3 configuration.
- Supports high air Delta-Ts for blade server environments
- 550-ton VFD York chillers with fast restart
- N+1 redundancy
Texas 1’s cooling system has a concurrently maintainable design with dual independent water feeds.
- 24x7x365 manned security at gated entry, entrances and loading docks
- Man traps and biometric access control at entry points
- Security cameras with digital video recording
- Escorted access
- Color camera digital surveillance system
- Video recording upon every door opening
- Custom cabinet and cage security options
- Data Foundry personnel onsite 24x7x365
- 8 hotels and 3 restaurants within 3 miles
- Special rates for customers at nearby hotels
- Proximity to public transportation
- Secure parking
- Secure loading dock with semi-trailer access
- Fully-stocked break room
- Bathrooms with showers
- Cots, washer and dryer onsite
- Dedicated staging / burn-in room
- Access to conference rooms
- 12 minutes from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- Located in one of the lowest risk zones for natural disasters in the U.S.
- Located in an area of dense fiber-optic connectivity
- Independent power grid
- Based in a tech talent-rich community
- Build your own NOC
- Offices for data center employees
- Disaster recovery worksite
- Dedicated conference rooms
- 20,000 SQ FT of cutomizable dedicated office space
- Ready-to-run worksite recovery services
- Custom physical security for access control
- A wealth of amenities for your team
Get a printer-friendly version of in-depth technical specifications for Texas 1.