Our Austin 1 data center is a 40,000 square foot facility located in a technology-rich, low-risk region. This carrier-neutral facility offers redundant power and cooling, several layers of security, proximity to the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, ample parking and easy freeway access.Schedule a tour
Austin is located in a region with a low incidence of natural disasters, making it an ideal location for mission critical facilities. It also has a tech talent-rich community and is often referred to as "Silicon Hills". Austin is the home of our headquarters, and it is among the top three fastest growing cities in the nation.
At Data Foundry, we put our customers first, and for us, the quality of our data centers is also reflected in the quality of our high-touch services.
- Dedicated technical account and sales managers
- Extensive managed services offering
- Responsive and attentive technicians
Data Foundry offers a blended Internet service that provides access to a minimum of four carriers at once. Data Foundry’s blended bandwidth ensures the most efficient and reliable routing for network connectivity.
As one of the first Internet Service Providers in the U.S., Data Foundry has relationships with a wide range of network carriers and has operated carrier-neutral data centers since 1994. Austin 1 provides access to 16+ telecom carriers.
- Redundant Cisco routers and switches
- Multihomed redundant connectivity to global upstream providers
- Redundant fiber transport to Texas 1
- Two 3,000 amp, 480 Volt Automatic Transfer Switches (ATSs)
- Two Power distribution switchboards with TVSS surge protectors
- Three 1500 kW Caterpillar diesel generators
- 6,000 gallons of fuel onsite
- Approximately 48 hours of backup power at N+1 redundancy
- Four 500 kVA PowerWare 9315 UPS systems
- Three Module 550 kVA N+1 PowerWare 9395 UPS systems
- Two 80 kVA PowerWare parallel-redundant UPS systems provide additional UPS dedicated to the POP
We maintain redundant cooling and constant temperature and humidity levels according to ASHRAE’s standards for data centers.
- 78-ton Liebert Glycol Condensing Units (GCUs) with N+4 redundancy
- 22-ton Liebert CRACs provide N+1 redundancy to POP
- 30-ton Liebert Computer Room Air Conditioners (CRACs) with N+1 redundancy.
- 1-ton HVAC per 18 sq ft of raised white floor
- Color camera CCTV surveillance system throughout recording full-motion video
- Clips recorded upon any door opening
- Hand key biometric access control system
- Individually-keyed cabinets and cages
- Man traps at all external doors
- Surrounded by concrete-filled, steel-enforced barriers
- Slab on grade foundation with 5-foot risers
- Barbed wire fence protects the exterior
- External cameras monitor surroundings
- Easy access to public transit options
- Special Data Foundry customer rates at 10 hotels within a 3-mile radius
- Ample parking
- Onsite spare part inventory
- Custom cages
- Lockable 1/3, 1/2 and full-cabinet options
- Secure loading dock with semi-trailer access
- Customer Lounge
- Less than 7 minutes from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- Located in one of the lowest risk zones for natural disasters in the U.S.
- Located in an area of dense fiber-optic connectivity
- Independent power grid
- Based in a tech talent-rich community
Get a printer-friendly version of in-depth technical specifications for Austin 1.Download the Austin 1 Spec Sheet