Our Houston 1 data center is an 8,000 square foot facility located in the Marathon Oil Tower near downtown Houston and the city’s business district. The facility is elevated 72 feet above street level and features four points of fiber entry and redundant, private fiber transports to Data Foundry’s premium Houston 2 data center.Schedule a tour
As the fourth largest city in the U.S., and arguably the most international city in Texas, it is essential for many companies to have a colocation presence in Houston, TX. Houston is second only to New York City when it comes to quantity of large publicly traded companies, and it is home to thriving healthcare, medical research, oil and gas, manufacturing, logistics and aerospace sectors.
At Data Foundry, we put our customers first, and for us, the quality of our data centers is also reflected in the quality of our high-touch services.
- Dedicated technical account and sales managers
- Extensive managed services offering
- Responsive and attentive technicians
- 4 points of entry for fiber delivery, 2 internal risers for fiber elevation
- Separate telecommunications risers utilizing diverse paths throughout building structure
- Supports additional multiple points of fiber entry at the street level
- Network is backed up via redundant fiber transport to Houston 2
- Redundant Cisco routers and switches
Houston 1 provides N+1 power delivery to cabinets. A natural gas generator connected to a gas line provides virtually unlimited runtime if it is ever needed.
- Two 300 kVA PowerWare 9315 UPS in a parallel, redundant configuration
- 2 Diesel generators
- 1 Natural gas generator
We maintain redundant cooling and constant temperature and humidity levels according to ASHRAE’s standards for data centers.
- Two 20-ton Liebert Computer Room Air Handlers (CRAHs)
- One 22-ton Data Aire Data Alarm Processor (DAP)
- Biometric access control
- Individually-keyed cabinets and cages
- Color video camera surveillance system
- Valid photo ID is required by front desk building personnel
- Visitors are required to sign in and sign out with security
- Freight elevators are monitored 24x7x365
- Building security monitors internal and external cameras
- Located near an abundance of restaurants, hotels and entertainment
- Ample covered parking
- High-quality restaurant located in the building
- 10 minutes from downtown business district
- Proximity to public transportation
Get a printer-friendly version of in-depth technical specifications for Houston 1.Download the Houston 1 Spec Sheet